Friday, March 15, 2013

Before the Bombing Part Two

I've been counting, all of them have said something so that means it's time to go. Is this some kind of joke? If it is it isn't funny. Then again from a different perspective it could be. It could be laughable. But not from mine. What am I doing? I should just run. Over a hill in the distance. Not very far away at all. Well I don't want to die before I have even had the chance to live so I think I just won't die. I guess I'll cross the hill. Even if I die anyway at least I got to try. If everything will just up and vanish there is no other way. A scream bursts out loud and deep.

"You can't do this!" A man with a large pair of ram horns complains.

"No they can not." A woman with long fangs agrees.

Am I the only human here? I guess so. Well I wonder how many people are allowed over the hill. I think I'll try to cross anyway, no matter the rules.

"We have no qualms about fighting you kids for our lives!" The ram man repeats.

"Listen, I know you are only children with no comprehension of what you do but I will not hesitate to tear you all to shreds." The fanged woman repeats.

If they have the ability to destroy everything then what makes anyone think that they are to be messed with? I have to see this first.

"Are you sure you really want ta do this babe?" The grinning man chuckles and he pulls at the corner of his mouth.

The fanged woman goes for his throat and is quickly swallowed whole by the grinning man. Time to go. I take off before anyone else processes what happens as my heels pound into the ground and dust surrounds myself a chorus of screams come from the area. Some of them less normal than others.

"Justice what are you doing?" The voice of the woman in white asks.

"You have all sinned so much in your lifetimes! I just can't take this anymore!" Justice hisses.

"You can't stop it without my help. Why here how about I turn up the blast radius? how about that?" The voice of the static eyed man laughs.

"Come down! What can she do?" The brute asks.

"This." Justice mutters,

A door slams shut and no more sound can be heard. All this is pointless. My heels carry me with adrenaline pumping through my entire body. The voice is very loud in my ears now.

"We want you to live. Understand yes?" Two high voices cry in sync. "The hill. The hill is a very good lie that is very true. So if you listen to us completely we will make sure that you survive. Agree?"

I've heard stories about two voices telling you things and I don't think I'll risk it. The hill is my only hope and I'm not inclined to go in circles on the whim of a pair of monsters in someone else's skin. I fling the device to the ground and it smashes dramatically. Fragile things. I would have thought that companies would have paid a lot of money to make sure that their devices didn't smash so easily. Well lucky for me. The voices are still buzzing in my ears. Damned.

"Did you honestly think that would work? We want to help you! Why are you being so rude?" They ask.

I ignore them once more and continue down my path over the hill.

"The hill is a lie. You can't trust Smok! He spreads lies!"

My heels hit against the ground as I begin to hum. The tune begins to waver and fade into a soft scream. I stop instantly. They are changing my perception of sound. Smart things.  But I won't be stopped that easily. If I was to be stopped that simply then what type of man would I be?

"What are you doing? Our way is better way!"

The hill is much closer now. A young Hispanic woman is petting the covering over her eye and humming on her time. The humming is drowned out by the voices.

"No! Do not go there!"

The woman was with the group when she blasted over the hill with a speed I have never seen. She's very unusual. I'll go anyway. I continue towards the hill while my feet cause a flurry of dust that's blinding me. I try to wipe it out of my eyes but stick myself.

"Stupid! Stop!"

I hit my forehead against the large hill. I can't feel my legs. I really should have exercised more. I step unto the hill and start running up it. Much harder than going flat.

"Stop!"

I ran up as the voices screamed for me to stop. What makes anyone think I'll stop? I want to live. The woman stares at me with one eye without a pupil she snickers.

"Where do you think you're goin?" She asks with an accent.

I don't reply and she sneers before jogging by my side.

"Over the hill?" She answers herself. "I guess you've actually got a brain. Poor thing. There's nothing over the hill. You're going to die."

The woman blasts back down with speed. The two voices have silenced themselves it seems. I'm t the top. Look at that. The woman has vanished completely but I can see something large and white in the background. I guess I'm going there.

I begin my descent. It's much easier; I'm almost skating on the ground. The voices flare back up.

"You want to live yes? Then stop! Life is not down there! Just listen to us Zoey."

I finally open my mouth to speak.

"I'm not Zoey." Is all that comes out.

The two voices are quiet once more.I continue down the hill and the white shape grows larger. It looks strange. Like a door. What's a door doing out here standing on it's own without hinges or any other means of support? Something's wrong. Wait I remember stories about doors! I run downwards and stare at it in awe. The blast should be coming soon. Is the door the way?

"Zoey the door is dangerous! Stop!"

I open the door and a world covered in shadows is before me. I open the door and walk in and the world fades completely. The door slams shut behind me. Where am I? Is anyone else here? I press my ear against the door and listen for the bang. There is no bang, only a small hiss. The door fades from vision.

"Is anyone here?" I ask the world.

The world answers back with a voice of brick and mortar. "Only I."

I frown and sit down. I wish I didn't break my Music Portal. I wonder if I'll die from boredom.

"Can I leave?" I ask.

"Maybe."

"Will you let me?"

"No."

The world changes and I'm somewhere else. I guess I should have listened to the voices but they probably didn't have my interests at heart either. I guess I'll have to find another door.



No comments:

Post a Comment