Thursday, March 14, 2013

Before the Bombing Part One

Once upon a time about ten years ago there was a young man of age eighteen. He was coming back from a particularly painful experience that rendered him uncomfortable in his own skin but that story is for a later date. With anger burned into his eyes the young man growling and grumbling took a short cut home through a back road. With his portable music device the young man sighed overly dramatically. On the device a deep man's voice was almost screaming.

"I'm sorry to say but today the world is going to end." He controls himself.

The anger fades to denial and then to sadness and back to anger.

"The world ends before I even get to enjoy life! Course!" The man laughs.

Whether or not he knew it was real I do not know but maybe he was suppressing it as humans seem to do. Regardless whether or not he believe Porter continued down his set path with a deep frown. The audio continued to play a chorus of sorrys and lies and fractured sobs and screams. On the road there was a door that he didn't see. A large oak door about nine feet tall and nine feet wide. And through it all manners of strange beings exited. You see Porter was not the luckiest man and so he wandered straight into a public meeting of Major Arcana. Well it can be excused as the road was not that desolate and not that far off. Why many other persons that were taking the long way home were there. Porter is just the one that lived. Honestly though it could have been any other person. So maybe Porter is the luckiest man in the end.

As I was saying through this door came many beings that came to tell the world of it's fate. After all they were the ones that organized the end of the world as humans and the other beings that populated the world knew it. Oh I forgot to mention that humans are not the only beings on this world, we have angels and demons and chimera and vampires and werewolves and fairies and fey and brownies and elves and witches and many more. And even humans can be gifted with magic and psychic abilities. As I was saying these beings came to deliver a message. I suppose you wish to hear it. I can do that.

Right, before I tell you the brief tale of the world's end let's discuss the beings in the crowd. You know them as the Fears, The Phobic Representations, The Fossils and many other names. In the terms of your simplest words for them ours consists of: The Smiling Man, The Ivory Woman, The Eye, The RedCap, The Wooden Girl, The Archangel, Nobody, The Convocation, The Brute, The Cold Boy, The Vision, The Eye, The Burning Bride, The Slender Man, The Manufactured Newborn, Jack the Hand, The Rake, The Choir, The Nameless Child, The Glitch and Smok. Others are not here as they have not yet been born but one day they will be joined by The Grotesque and The Dying Man but not yet. Anyway in this world I can not tell you all the name currently as that is the job of Exposition not The Narrator and I have already explained too much. On with the tale.

"Hello humanity!" Strength shouted at the top of her lungs, throwing her arms back with drama burning through her gray skin.

"And multiple other beings that I don't have in my hard drive." Temperance waved sheepishly before being shoved away by The Hanged Man.

"We have something to say!" The laughing Tower screamed even louder than the buff Strength.

"The world as you know it, though ya prolly a'ready know, is gonna freaking go boom!" The Fool chuckled as he pulled at the stitches binding his large trap shut.

"Um that's not exactly right von Hart." Judgement corrected The Fool as he brushes the loose red hair behind his ears. "Actually the bomb will be let off on all large countries but only large countries and it will kill off exactly fifty percent of lifeforms on the planet. However as this is far superior to the human bombs as it was developed by me so it will only destroy most living things. Most of the landscape will be left unharmed. However it will greatly damage the environment and leave most plant life grayed as well as pollute the sky. It may also possibly completely destroy the planet if we are not careful. Or even worse we may have a case of fragmentation with several pieces of the planet raising above the previous surface completely changing the face of the earth as well as damaging more life forms than we intended and ruining the landscape and the pollution will never be stopped. The chances of that happening is about thirty eight point six percent. Oh who am I kidding, you're all screwed."

"Zero don't be such an obnoxious bastard, everyone knows you cheated in building it and used magic. It's okay, I still love ya!" The Devil chuckled herself as she ruffled the red hair that Judgement had so carefully put behind his ears.

"Don't matter if everyone dies! I am immortal after all! Hear that? I'm gonna live for-ever!" The Tower laughed hysterically while ripping his own chest open.

At the sight people began to actually believe that the world was ending. Mass panic began, in front of about twenty predators that prey off of human fear.

"No need to Fear people. I am your new leader, Divine Wright and I will make sure that you are all as safe as possible under my rule. However... some people have to die for the world to change. Think of it as.... collateral damage. However I promise that all the dead will have the proper respect and even afterlife if you choose me as your ruler!" The Hierophant rants as her legs twitch involuntary.

"Yes as after all you all vant to be ruled by a complete sociopath." The World smirked as he took the center stage. "As my dear father said you are screwed. Face it. Get over the despair that's bound to follow and grow up. Crying is useless. If you want to live run to that hill over there.... but not yet. After each one of use has had our talk. I suppose this counts as mine but vhatever."

"I swear this wasn't my idea!" The Hanged Man sobbed into Porter's face.

Porter twitched and shook him off. Oh my, I forgot something again! I guess that I'm not as serious a narrator as I had thought. Porter is a young man of eighteen with brown eyes and red hair. He's a bit on the short side and very skinny. He keeps his hair long and uses it to cover his face. Currently he's wearing a pair of fairly durable jeans and the iconic hoodie that you worship in your world. Back to the tale.

"Of course you aren't smart enough to come up with this kind a plan black cat baby!" The Empress giggled as she pushed down her sunglasses revealing a pair of bright yellow eyes. "Anyways it wasn't my idea either but I'm not saying nothing bought it. It's freaking awesome! A world for the taking eh? My kind a deal! Heeeeeey, I don't expect no chatter from any of yeah's either! I'm way better than the stuffy ol' snake Wright. Eh? Eh? So follow mau and I won't drain you!"

"Hello I am Faith Bindler. I am an ally to Divine Wright and have every intention of helping her enforce her will." The High Priestess smiled as she rolled the eye from the top of her head down. "Let us have an understanding, I see all, I hear all and I know all. I can see your sins layed out bare. And it is my job to punish them and silence your lies! Even if I have to stitch your sinning lips shut!"

"Hello I am Justice Bindler and my stupid sister knows not what she says. The only true path is Justice! Which I will enforce much better. Your guilt, your pain, your sins, I can FEEL them and I will make sure that EVERYONE feels them and that you FEEL them and I will make sure that no one commits sin AGAIN!" Justice crids as an impression of an eye presses against her blindfold.

"We are the Kagome Twins! We control the area of voice and word. We wish for all musical entertainers and writers to come to us and let us take your ability? Ka-kay?" The Moon sung with a small dance and a swing of the paper fans.

"I am Lilliaaaaaan, you know it! Ah? And under my rule, everybody vill become bird! Ze birds vill crawl under your skin as nests and you vill know the bird!" The Chariot communicated as he floated up and spins around.

"Yes, yes. I'm so sure you aw wanna fowow the compwetely insane eldrich abominations. I am Mark Foorke and pwease don' fowow me. It's ridiculous. I just wanna go to sweep and not worry about whether or not Wight's gonna send Timberwolves ta kill me, so yup." The Magician sighed as he shoved up his glasses before tripping over the air and face planting.

"I speak bad English." The Hermit muttered before walking off to sit alone.

"I'm Coraline Jones and I'm a sparkly precious princess and everyone should rove me!" The Sun smiled

"Why wasn't I invited to the end of the world?" The Emperor pouted as he stormed the area.

People were not sure whether to take this seriously again. After all these so called Major Arcana were behaving in a manner reserved for spoilt children and teenagers. Of course it could always be the Unseelies Court. Yes that's what they ended up believing. Well everyone but Porter, the young conspiracy theorist did not believe that they were the Unseelies Court for one second.

"Because you suck and no one likes you." The Lovers snickered before blasting off over the hill like nobody's business.

"Mistress Wright wishes for you all to submit to her will and I will do such if you do not. Other than that there is nothing for me to say. Have a nice day!" The Wheel of Fortune giggled waving her hands, mostly nails, towards the persons taking in all the sight with their in-eye cameras.

Death in the back did not say anything but instead smiled and vanished into the scenery.

And this my friends is where the bombing began and the world ended but Porter's life began.

No comments:

Post a Comment